List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] How to create translation package ?
From:       Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer () tmo ! at>
Date:       2020-05-04 10:46:09

Am Montag, 4. Mai 2020, 12:15:38 schrieb Martin Koller:
> I found another project similar to mine
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:wolfi323:KDE:Extra/mangone
> l/mangonel.spec?expand=1 however just adding the bits they have for lang
> related stuff does not do the trick.

First you need to actually install the translation files.

Ideally they would be part of the source tarball and installed by the standard
"make install".
For KDE releases, this stuff is usually added automatically by the releaseme
script AFAIK (but I never used that myself).

Then %find_lang should pick them up, and put into a -lang package via
something like "%files lang -f %{name}.lang".
Although, it would in principle also be possible to just add the files to the
%files list without any other changes in the spec file.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang