List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] KMail doesn't see local folders
From:       Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2020-03-14 10:55:43

Dne pátek 13. března 2020 21:43:11 CET, Wolfgang Bauer napsal(a):
> Am Donnerstag, 5. März 2020, 12:10:45 schrieb Vojtěch Zeisek:
> > Thank You for the fix. I just missed if/what I'm supposed
> > to do something with that ~/file: directory... can I safely
> > delete it, or will it disappear itself...?
>
> It won't disappear by itself.
> Whether you can safely delete it, well that depends.
> The maildir resource may have stored emails there.
> Unlikely in your case, but you should at least check.
> But the fix only makes the "file:" not appear when you change the
> config, it doesn't change already existing configs (and as I found
> out meanwhile, the path is also stored in the database, not only
> in the config file mentioned earlier).
> So, you actually need to reconfigure the existing maildir resource.
> Or maybe better in your case, just remove that maildir resource and
> create a new one.
> That should be safe, removing a resource won't delete the files.
> If that helps, you could of course also remove the mixedmaildir
> resource then...
> Or keep on using it and scrap the maildir, whatever you prefer. ;-)

Hmmm... Before this issue arose, I moved all mails in KMail to the default
local folders. It says it stores the mails in .local/share/
akonadi_maildir_resource_0/, but it's empty. On the other hand, ~/file\:/home/
vojta/.local/share/ does contain .akonadi_maildir_resource_0 and it has 12 G.
:-) So it'll obviously require some juggling. :-)
Thanks for clarification,
V.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek