List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Kmail:  Accessing image files inside html
From:       Dennis Gallien <dwgallien () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-01-11 4:29:13

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 5:02:32 PM EST Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Dennis Gallien <dwgallien@gmail.com> [01-10-18 16:22]:
> > Occasionally I receive email messages from Mac mail users that contain
> > image files.  I only just learned that Mac mail will send any message
> > with an image as rich text; it is not possible to send the image in plain
> > text.  Kmail sees these messages as html.  The images display properly.
> > When I right-click on the image, the pop-up menu gives the option to
> > "save image on disk" but the resulting save box only shows an internal id
> > number of some kind (e.g. 26EC0F5D-A7A6-4EBF-AAB3-26272FC5122F) but not
> > the image file.  When I try "save attachments" I get a "found no
> > attachments to save" error msg.
> >
> > Is there a way to save the image files from these messages?
>
> what is offered when you <rt-click> on the image?
> can you display the image in your web browser and save it from there?
>
> consider editing the msg with a text editor and removing the "rich text"
> designation
> --

Thanks, Patrick.  You're a genius.

As I indicated above, when I right-click on the image I get a pop-up with a
number of options including "save image on disk" and "save attachments",
neither of which work.  BUT after reading your reply and looking again at that
pop-up, I noticed an option to "show message structure".  When I do that, the
embedded message components are shown in a structure list, including the image
jpg's.  Right-clicking on the jpg filename brings up another pop-up which
allows me to "save as ..." and to open the file in an app such a gwenview;
both of these options work.  This solves my problem!

Thanks again.

--dg