List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Troubles with a user: KDE presents "dump core" by several processes and X gives s
From:       stakanov <stakanov () eclipso ! eu>
Date:       2017-08-11 12:55:35

In data venerd́ 11 agosto 2017 10:43:05 CEST, Daniele ha scritto:
> Il 10/08/2017 15:17, stakanov ha scritto:
> > Well, the problem appears only with this user and with kmail open.
> > The system is a Lenovo X201 (which is at times subject to fan problems,
> > but I did change the fan recently (2 month) and it got a new fan and
> > copper body, as well as a good termal paste.
> > As it seams the temperature is result and not origin of the problem. The
> > core-2-duo has two cpu and multithreading. When it overheats that means
> > often that a process crashed and pulls one CPU to 100% load. Then it
> > overheats and then as a result you have maybe a shutdown. The shut for
> > heat is not related to the shutdown I am experiencing since the latest
> > kernel / mysql update. Since then it got really nasty. The system will
> > run error free without kmail open in this user or without that user open.
> > But it will crash always if the powersafe feature was activated and the
> > system returns to normal from suspend. Then it will run for some times
> > and then suddenly go into the nirvana.
> OK, it's a notebook.. but it should not overheats in this way..
> Anyway, open ksysguard and look who is eating your cpu.
> Bye,
> Daniele.

akonadiserver (15-25 % of CPU) and msql (up to 20% of CPU. The rest are
various processes many related to kontact/akonadi/kmail
This corresponds to the core dumps of kded that are results of the crashes and
bring down all users at once. The indexes always take damage and you need to
clear cache of several folders and subfolders.