List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE KMAIL Problems
From:       Martin Schlander <martin.schlander () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-02-13 18:08:48

søndag den 12. februar 2017 15.20.04 CET skrev Günther J. Niederwimmer:
> is there a hope to become a working KDE KMAIL again ?
>
> Now I have make a Upgrade to 5.9 KDE but nothing have changed :-(.

Just for your information. KMail is not part of the KDE Plasma Workspace
(5.9.x) release. KMail is part of KDE Applications (16.12.x, for december,
2016). So KMail fixes will come with new point releases of that. Of course the
KDE team might be backporting patches to every rebuild too. Depending on what
repo you're getting your packages from.

Personally I'm using KMail 16.08.x on Leap, and while it has some rough edges,
it gets the job done well enough for me.

There are alternatives of course, Trojita (Qt-based, IMAP-only), Thunderbird,
Claws Mail, or even Evolution ;-)