List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] A technical inquiry about failures of a new installation of KDE PIM5 in 42.2 fres
From:       Martin Schlander <martin.schlander () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-01-12 18:20:04

søndag den 8. januar 2017 22.57.10 CET skrev stakanov:
> In data domenica 8 gennaio 2017 20:26:49, stakanov ha scritto:
> > Condition:
> > a) the user has used archives to backup the mail
> > b) the user did import the archives in a temporary directory in kmail
> > c) the user then redistributed the mail
> >
> > After the very first start he did get an error message:
> >
> > "Im E-Mail-Programm ist ein schwerwiegender Fehler aufgetreten. Das
> > Programm wird beendet.
> > Die Fehlermeldung lautet:
> > Could not create collection inbox, resourceId: 3"
> > Resulting was a very instable Kmail so he did run akonadictl fsck and
> > aconadictl vaccuum.

KDE PIM 5 is a bit immature. That's why kdepim4 is also still included in
42.2.

Personally I'm fairly happy with the KDEPIM5 of 42.2, it has some rough edges
here and there, but overall it's smoother than KDEPIM4 was for me.

However I also had a few issues migrating. My suggestion would be to remove
all akonadi and kmail/kontact data and configuration (from ~/.config/ and
~/.local/share/) and try again from scratch.

I had better luck when I tried to migrate one KDE PIM app at a time
separately/standalone (kmail, akregator, korganizer, kaddressbook), than when
I tried to migrate every Kontact component 'at the same time'. For me that
also made the underlying Akonadi framework implode.

Good luck.