List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Plasma 5.8pre -> Factory?
From:       Oliver Kurz <okurz () suse ! de>
Date:       2016-09-07 14:46:31

On Wednesday 07 September 2016 15:34:18 Fabian Vogt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch, 7. September 2016, 14:44:33 CEST schrieb Ludwig Nussel:
> > Hi,
> >
> > With Plasma 5.8 coming closer how about submitting towards Factory
> > already? It would stay in staging for a while but we'd get the new
> > stuff exposed to reviews like factory-auto and legal already. That way
> > we probably have a chance for some pre 5.8 for 42.2 Beta2?
>
> I agree that Plasma 5.8 should be submitted as early as possible, but
> there are not even tars available yet.
> AFAICS, the earliest date some non-git packages can be made is Sep 15.
> Even those are beta, so it's not planned for TW. (Staging shouldn't be
> a problem though). I guess we could submit the beta packages to 42.2
> while leaving TW at 5.7.4 for those two weeks.

Isn't it good enough to test KDE:Unstable, e.g. as we do for Krypton? As
discussed today offline, we could add a test to openQA for the "Krypton"
product group to upgrade from "Tumbleweed to Krypton", i.e. add KDE:Unstable
repos to the latest Tumbleweed image. We could do the same for Leap, too, e.g.
add a openQA test to use the latest Leap 42.2 build, take the installed image,
update the plasma to KDE:Unstable (more or less equivalent to "Argon"). Of
course, this is not about building but "only" runtime tests.