List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] OpenSUSE 13.2?
From:       Darryl Gregorash <raven () accesscomm ! ca>
Date:       2016-01-15 22:30:30

On 13/01/16 09:28 AM, Emilio Recio wrote:
> You know, I haven't thought about this idea. Since I am installing from=

> scratch /anyway/ (with /home saved to external) I will install Leap and=

> give that a spin. I am using standard intel on-board stuff i915 video
> card. I remember the upgrade from KDE3->4 and that's what I mean, It wa=
> all cosmetic... annoying, but usable. Plasma5 keeps crashing randomly.
> Konsole keeps locking up randomly. As far as scary stories, I wrote a
> small dissertation, before I gave up. "Scary stories" are confirmations=

> from the buzilla reports of problems that /I/ have had... at least unde=
> Fedora so like I said above, I will check out leap, since it's tabula r=
asa
> anyways.

I suspect the problems you have had are migration issues, as someone
suggested. I have done a clean install of Leap, and migrated *none* of
my old KDE settings -- just a few essential things, such as Seamonkey
setup and data files, and other applications config files.

I have had no issues with Plasma5, except for things that have changed,
and I don't like the changes ;) (The new calendar associated with the
digital clock, for example, is bloody useless -- I can get more
information from a calendar that I can hang on my wall.) I do not
believe you will have any problems either doing a clean install, unless
you accidentally copy over some old KDE settings file that somehow
conflicts with something in the new version.