List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Need a patch applied to kde 4x upstream bug 345174
From:       Bruno Friedmann <bruno () ioda-net ! ch>
Date:       2015-08-29 19:08:44

On Saturday 29 August 2015 20.54:15 Wolfgang Bauer wrote:
> Am Samstag, 29. August 2015, 19:20:15 schrieb Bruno Friedmann:
> > and then get this nice slap in my face from plasma-desktop
> > (ok I was crazy ennough to do it still logged in)
>
> Plasma should not care about kfileplaces and user-places.xbel at all AFAIK.
:-)

> Unless you use the "Homerun" application launcher/widget. Again, if you do,
> remove it. It is broken in exactly this regard: it causes Plasma to crash when
> you modify the Places, it causes dolphin to freeze, and it causes the files to
> grow to Gigabytes...
homerun is the horrorun and culprit !!!!
You find it ... that f**ing monster try to kill my KDE experience :-)

> At least that's the only thing that I know of that might cause such things.
>
> > and I've a ./.local/share/user-places.xbel not in config.
>
> Yes, it is ~/.local/share/user-places.xbel actually.
> Probably yours is quite big, no?
not that much 6221 octets. but the bookmarks.xml was 21 MB :-)
plus all the copies ...

> Try to remove it, you'll get the default one then, and there shouldn't be a
> problem anymore.

Thanks thanks thanks a lot for your work on patches and packaging
and the good idea here to drive to the solution.

Today you're my hero :-)

> Kind Regards,
> Wolfgang

Should I send a sr delete against homerun in kde:extras if it's so dangerous to have it.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net SÃ rl www.ioda-net.ch

 openSUSE Member & Board, fsfe fellowship
 GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
 irc: tigerfoot