List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Proper Way to Backup, Move KDEPIM
From:       Bruno Friedmann <bruno () ioda-net ! ch>
Date:       2015-01-17 10:27:22

On Friday 16 January 2015 07.34:27 Luca Beltrame wrote:
> In data giovedì 15 gennaio 2015 14:34:47, Robert Smits ha scritto:
>
> Hello,
>
> > Creating a KMAIL backup resulted in a zip file that I copied over only to
> > find no mail in it.
>
> As far as I can tell, the early import/export versions for PIM had bugs that
> were fixed later on.
> Given that you're using kmail1, your best bet of finding what you need lies in
> ~/.kde4/share/apps/kmail.
>
> > Copying over the .local local-mail folder at least got the mail, but not
> > addresses or other stuff.
>
> For the addresses you may want to export them from KAddressbook - it should
> give you a VCard file, which is compatible with any mail client.
>
> A little convoluted, but I hope this helps.

Don't forget to pick also almost all akonadi configurations related to your resource
and then also the db of akonadi.

Everything is related and linked and no over-easy backup migrate tools works.

I've been forced to mostly recreate everything from scratch when I've moved my home.
(Hopefully everything was online)

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net SÃ rl www.ioda-net.ch

 openSUSE Member & Board, fsfe fellowship
 GPG KEY : D5C9B751C4653227
 irc: tigerfoot