List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Missing language support for Calligra 2.9
From:       šumski <hrvoje.senjan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-28 18:40:17

On Monday 28 of April 2014 20:30:01 Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
> Hello, thank You for quick reply.
>
> Dne Po 28. dubna 2014 20:02:55, šumski napsal(a):
> > On Monday 28 of April 2014 19:43:36 Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > as user of KDE:Current repo I also use KDE:Unstable:Extra as recommended
> > > on KDE_Repositories wiki page.
> >
> > Uh, you're free to use KUE, but i am not sure is it *recommended* :D
> > This is only if you want apps straight from git, i.e. unreleased code.
>
> I was little bit unclear here. I have repositories according to
> http://en.opensuse.org/KDE_repositories#Current_KDE_SC_release (all three).
> I added the unstable repository some time ago, because there were some
> packages not available in other repos. Now, I checked it and found it is
> not the case anymore, so that I removed it and installed back Calligra 2.8
> with language support. So that it is solved. ;-)
Hm, i see. KUE explanation is at the top of the page, so it might be unclear
what's it's purpose and target audience.

> > > I have lates Calligra. It is version 2.9, but
> > > there is an issue, if I wish to install calligra-l10n-cs, only version
> > > 2.8
> > > is available, which requires a lot of downgrade and install of some
> > > packages from previous versions of KDE, which are otherwise not needed
> > > anymore. So that Calligra lacks support for the Czech language at the
> > > moment. I haven't try other languages. Could someone, please, check it
> > > and
> > > eventually enable building of l10n packages for Calligra?
> >
> > I am not sure how easy would be to build also languages with git master of
> > Calligra. Maybe would, for now, suffice not to hardcode required calligra
> > version for language subpackages? With that you'll be able to install
> > older
> > langs, though that might create inconsistent translations in UI.
>
> Sorry, I have no idea how difficult it is, I expected, that not so hard... I
> don't know, what is the most easy for You, I thought language packages are
> part of whole suite, so it is only some minor package suite, which is
> easily solvable...
All KDE software (most at least) have 'dettached', 'real code', and
translations. Only for releases, they are merged into single tar. Or, code is
delivered separately from translations (but those translations are anyway
generated for the release tar). Christophe is usually doing a great job by
providing translations also for git packages, but as i said, i think doing
this for Calligra would create massive headaches :D

Cheers,
Hrvoje