List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Logout script
From:       Alvin Beach <alvinbeach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-01-14 16:00:58

Hello Ian,

I have done the same thing, except, the script I have in ~/.kde4/shutdown \
runs my rsync script in a konsole. This allows me to see that backup \
executing. The added bonus is if I decide to abort the backup (e.g. logging \
out due to having updated KDE), I press Ctrl+C which aborts the backup and \
continues with the log out.

My script in ~/.kde4/shutdown looks like this:

  #!/bin/sh

  # This is one line in my script. Breaking onto two lines due to line \
wrapping in Thunderbird  konsole --nofork --hide-menubar --hide-tabbar \
                --geometry "1680x1050+0+0" \
     -e /usr/local/sbin/backup.sh

  exit 0

Where /usr/local/sbin/backup.sh is my script that runs rsync. I imaging you \
can replace that with your rsync command.

This runs konsole in a window that is the size as my desktop (e.g. \
--geometry). The --nofork is needed to prevent the konsole command from \
running in background. This will also makes the logout process wait for \
konsole to exit (after my backup script exits).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alvin