List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Logout script
From:       Will Stephenson <wstephenson () suse ! de>
Date:       2014-01-14 10:53:54

On 14/01/14 11:39, ianseeks wrote:
> Do you think that is a situation that needs to be explored to make it a "step"
> in the process rather than hacking about startkde?

A priori I could imagine a richer shutdown sequence, more like the
startup sequence with UI showing the status of the shutdown process but
backwards.

For your backup use case, performing backup while the session is still
up (but starting to shut down) would run the risk of backing up eg
database files while still open and being written to, so to do it right
would mean significant extra work.

Perhaps the simplest route is to you could disable the fullscreen logout
effect that hides all windows as they are shut down, and display an
xmessage dialog after kdeinit4_shutdown is called?

Will

--
Will Stephenson
SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB