List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Plasma Active?
From:       Matthias Fehring <buschmann () huessenbergnetz ! de>
Date:       2013-07-31 12:50:44

Am Montag, 29. Juli 2013, 15:04:59 schrieb C:
> On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Jean Cayron wrote:
> > 2013/7/27 C <smaug42@opensuse.org>
> >
> >> Is anyone playing with Plasma Active on openSUSE?
> >>

> >> I've been tinkering a bit with it on an x86_64 tablet, but not having
> >> much success.  I've been playing with Kubuntu-Active ISOs, but would
> >> rather tinker with openSUSE as the core.
> >>
> >> I found this repo:
> >> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Active/ but the Factory
> >> repo seems out of date, and the 12.3 repo is ArmV7 no x86.
> >>
> >> There are a couple of appliances on SuSE Studio, but they seem to be
> >> abandoned.
> >>
> >> So, short of trying to build my own appliance... is anyone within the
> >> oS community playing with Plasma-Active on an x86 tablet, or am I the
> >> only one right now?
> >>
> >> C.
> >
> > As fas as I know (I never tried them), open-slx uses openSUSE as base for
> > their Plasma Active image but they call it "Balsam profesionnal". But the
> > last image is a bit old (Sep 2012) : http://download.open-slx.com/iso/
> >
> > Maybe you should ask them if they have a public repo.
>
> I've tried out the images provided by open-slx (they provide isos).
> They won't boot beyond a kernel panic... basically they are waaaaay
> too old for my hardware.  Kernel 3.8 and newer is where I need to be
> on this device.  open-slx images are based on openSUSE 12.1 from what
> I can tell.
>
> I could use Studio to "roll my own" but... I'm looking at that as a
> last resort as I ask myself is it worth it for this one machine that
> has one other glaring issue that needs to be sorted first... I can't
> pair the Bluetooth keyboard to save my life... (a separate issue which
> I've posted about on the openSUSE foums and got nowhere with).
>
> C.

I played around with that repositories 8 month ago, there they worked. Don't
know what about the maintainer, if he is still working on it. At that time it
worked in VirtualBox and on my WeTab. Don't no if there are any plans for
working on Plasma Active on openSUSE.

Best greetings
Buschmann

--
Das Gesetz hat zum Schneckengang verdorben, was Adlerflug geworden wäre.
(Friedrich Schiller - Die Räuber)

Und der Buschfunk spielt gerade mal nichts...