List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] kmail check mail problem (solved?)
From:       "C. Brouerius van Nidek" <constant () indo ! net ! id>
Date:       2013-07-25 10:16:14

On Thursday, July 25, 2013 06:33:19 AM Andrew Colvin wrote:
> On Thursday 25 Jul 2013 00:01:48 C. Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
> > Since some time kmail will not check my 3 pop mail accounts. This occurs
> > regularly after a reboot. Receiving mail and sending does not work then.
> > kquitapp kmail and restart kmail does not solve the problem.  In order to
> > get it working I have to logout to LXDE or Icwm where kmail runs perfect
> > every time. Logging out and restart KDE is in many cases is enough to let
> > kmail work as usual. For details on my system see my signature.
> >
> > I am eager to find out what causes this misbehavior but have no idea where
> > to start. Somebody with this problem, somebody with a solution?
>
> Does it think your resources are offline?  if so restarting the resource in
> akonadi may be enough to get you working or even restarting akonodi server.

Thanks Andrew. Start, restart and everything the akonadi handlers let you do
did nothing. I finally removed the kmail from the Systemsetting Autostart and
without problems up to now kmail works as intended. Must be something in the
autostart setup jumps some of the necesarry settings for kmail. As soon as I
add it to the autostart list the behavior is broken again.

--
 Linux User 183145 using KDE4 and LXDE on a Pentium IV ,