List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE 4.11 RC1
From:       Basil Chupin <blchupin () iinet ! net ! au>
Date:       2013-07-22 14:26:07

On 22/07/13 02:11, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2013-07-22 02:05 (GMT+1000) Basil Chupin composed:
>
>> Felix Miata wrote:
>
>>> Discussion with solution for 13.1 less than 24 hours ago on this list
>>> might cover your problem too:
>>> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-kde/2013-07/msg00105.html
>
>> Hmmm, neither krandr nor kscreen are installed and as far as I know were
>> not installed even before I did the upgrade to 4.11.
>
> http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-kde/2013-07/msg00000.html
> discussion makes me think you need one or the other. A later thread
> seemed to indicate kscreen is mandatory in openSUSE's 4.11.

Well, kscreen was installed when I did an update earlier today but it
did nothing to get that login screen back again.

However, I then installed kdm and now have the missing login screen back
again.

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.11.0 & kernel 3.10.1-3 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor