List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Question about the modified KDE_VERSION_STRING in openSUSE
From:       Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-07-21 16:00:20

On Sunday 21 July 2013 17:29:23 Luca Beltrame wrote:

> Given the issues that can cause upstream, I would vote for removing this
> change to KDE_VERSION_STRING. Team, your opinion?
> As we have changed the process of handling KDE {Platform, Workspaces,
> Applications} releases during these years, I wager this is no longer needed.

This is indeed a change that became obsolete during the years. We are now more
stricter following the upstream release schedules and we are trying to
upstream our patches as much as possible. Therefore we should stick to the
upstream KDE_VERSION_STRING.

I already made the change in KDE:Distro:Factory and have submitted it to
Factory.

Regards

Raymond