List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] [Module-kscreen] autoload=false && layout.js
From:       Felix Miata <mrmazda () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2013-07-20 4:28:08

On 2013-07-17 14:05 (GMT-0400) Felix Miata composed:

> On 2013-07-17 19:37 (GMT+0200) šumski composed:

>> /etc/kde4/share/config/kdedrc
>> with your option inside.
>> For kscreen, that would be:
>> [Module-kscreen]
>> autoload=false

>>> And while I'm asking, how does one override '1024 ? 35 : 27' with
>>> '1024 ? 47 : 35' in

>>> /usr/share/kde4/apps/plasma/layout-templates/org.kde.plasma-desktop.defaultP
>>> anel/contents/layout.js?

>> Same principle as the above, only not share/config, but share/apps.

My first attempts to try these on host m7ncd on 13.1M3 produced a bunch of
Plasma Desktop Shell KDE Crash Handler windows after the splash  got to the
last icon. All but one such window on each attempt autoclosed. The sole
remainder sat on an otherwise empty black screen. Plasma-desktop PID ####
segfaulted. Closing those windows left black screens with a mouse pointer.
Ctrl-Alt-BS leaves .xsession-errors empty. Trying report bug function from
the window was pointless with my normal xorg.conf or no xorg.conf, as default
sizing is all too small @1600x1200. The attempt though produced non-empty
.xsession-errors:
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/SUSE/Factory/xsession-errors-m7ncd-kde41090.txt . I
tried again by forcing lower resolution, but the process lacked 10 required
debugging files, so I quit. I did one more start without the custom layout.js
file and got same failure, then with neither, and failed again. Switching
repos from factory-snapshot to factory and doing zypper dup didn't help.

Gfx is rv200.

Next I tried another M3 system with Intel gfxchip. Autoload=false as you
indicated works, but layout.js has no apparent effect.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/