List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [opensuse-kde] RE: Kmail Issues and associated pachakes to complete the email client at the desktop
From:       Information - General <information () aphofis ! com>
Date:       2013-07-18 0:25:46

I would like to open the concept of kmail needing a replacement email
Client in favour of Evolution....

Kmail has so fundamental problems in preference's and account settings
and setup and I think Thunderbird does this a little better but
Evolution seems to have both preferences, account modification's and
multiple Identities with the adherence to the current commercial ways of
interfacing with the whole PKI Standard.

Kmail setup of Preferences and accounts and then interface with a
separate SSL application, is not good.

It does try we to cope with PGP/SMIME but does neither very well and
calling for another SSL Module is not the way to handle this I would
suggest....Let me explain my thoughts in this very small area...In the
PKI the RFC's are LAW in the commercial world the adherence to mandatory
fields, mandatory field lengths, the way of using both parts of the
X.509 key pairs, the way MDN's are observed,the validity against
mandatory CA checking for both revoked and/or new hep pairs; all
generated by CA's, we just got to do

Yes, we need to hold onto our PGP as a matter of philosophy but we don't
do either well with Kmail as well as the above. I think very hard
decisions need to be made for Product Interface KDE+opensuse
--
Opensuse-KDE-Developer-Interface Testing and Debugging - Scott Couston