List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [opensuse-kde] New KDE screen management tool with oS 13.1 / KDE 4.11
From:       Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-07-15 16:51:02

Dear List mates,

In continuation of an upstream discussion around Krandr and Kscreen, I would
like to indicate that we will follow the upstream decision to provide Kscreen.

Kscreen is a new screen management tool, with enhanced possibilities to manage
multiple screens.  Some more information can be found here :
 http://www.afiestas.org/kscreen-1-0-released/

At this moment we are packaging 1.0, but we will do our utmost best to package
1.1 for 13.1 as that this will include some important enhancements in
usability, etc.

As that Kscreen is conflicting with the old Krandr code, we have already
prepared the kdebase4-workspace package to remove the Krandr files and to
require the new kscreen package, so that the user will get the new setup
automatically.

Upstream already indicated that the krandr code will be removed completely
from the workspace sources with 4.12

Your openSUSE KDE Community team