List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] declarativescript engine driver
From:       Alvin Beach <alvinbeach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-05-14 10:02:34

On 14/05/13 06:04, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 May 2013 08:33:19 Mathias Homann wrote:
>> ok, what the *beep* is a "declarativescript engine" and why is it suddenly
>> missing from my system after updating some packages? Now I don't have
>> system notifications anymore...
>>
>> Running 12.2 + KDE from K:R:410.
>>

>> cheers,
>> MH
>
> A temporary work-around:
> open a konsole
> run "kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental"
> run "kquitapp plasma-desktop"
> wait a few seconds
> run "plasma-desktop"

Thanks!. This works for openSUSE 12.3 as well. After I updated from
KDE:Release:410 this morning I had this problem as well.

Thought I was missing a package similar to the missing python script
engine error, but couldn't figure out what package. Googling didn't help
either (well, maybe kdelibs-runtime but I have that ;) ).

Cheers,

Alvin