List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] KDF OS12.2 Apper
From:       "Carl Fletcher" <carl.fletcher () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2013-02-02 8:44:14

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 07:53:40 -0000, Raymond Wooninck
<tittiatcoke@gmail.com> wrote:

> What could be of course different is that
> Apper is no longer actively checking for new updates, but keeps you
> reminding
> of the already available updates. If you check in the notification area,
> do you
> see if PackageKit is checking the repo's to find new updates or do you
> just see
> that Apper is constantly indicating that there are updates available ?

This seems to make sense Ray. Thank you. It's starting to make more sense
now.

Thank you for this considered response, as I was thrown somewhat by your
comments in IRC.
My real interest in this is for support purposes. As we have a significant
number of users of KR49 currently and I expect they will want KR10 too.
I plan to mess about a bit with apper on my sandbox, but based on what I
have understood so far, I can we will be recommending Apper be removed
where users venture outside the box.

What do you think the feeling would be on implementing a rolling kde in
openSUSE via standard updates. I mean stable. So no need to add R49 or
whatever... it just gets pushed in via updates?