List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Calibre in KDE:Extra
From:       todd rme <toddrme2178 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-01-17 13:03:07

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:19 PM, Sven Burmeister
<sven.burmeister@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hey everybody!
>
> Starting calibre when using KDE 4.10 fails with the following error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/bin/calibre", line 20, in <module>
>     sys.exit(main())
>   File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 363, in main
>     app, opts, args, actions = init_qt(args)
>   File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 50, in init_qt
>     from calibre.gui2.ui import Main
>   File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 31, in <module>
>     from calibre.gui2.widgets import ProgressIndicator
>   File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/widgets.py", line 23, in <module>
>     from calibre.gui2.progress_indicator import ProgressIndicator as
> _ProgressIndicator
>   File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/progress_indicator/__init__.py", line
> 15, in <module>
>     pi_error)
> RuntimeError: Failed to load the Progress Indicator plugin: the sip module
> implements API v9.0 to v9.1 but the progress_indicator module requires API
> v8.1
>
> From the commit log I got that the package is/should be a link to
> Documentation:Tools. Could somebody with the necessary permissions please
> update the link in order for calibre to build against KDE SC 4.10?
>
> "The calibre version in Documentation:Tools is updated much more reliably than
> the KDE:Extra version, so KDE:Extra should link to it.  The current KDE:Extra
> version does not build on Factory while this one does, for instance."
>
> Thanks
>
> Sven

I am aware of the issue.  I was waiting on a fix I submitted to the
Documentation:tools version (which was not building at all) before I
linked it (I figured a version that only failed in some cases was
better than one that failed in all cases).  The fix has been accepted,
so I will set up the link now.