List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Meeting minutes KDE Team meeting 21 November 2012
From:       Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-11-22 12:08:43

On Thursday 22 November 2012 11:45:02 Markus wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 21. November 2012, 20:21:44 schrieb Raymond Wooninck:
> >  #decision KDE 4.10 Beta 1 will be pushed into KDF. This also means that
> >
> > Factory only get updated once 4.10 reached RC state.
>
> Is there a log for the meeting? For whatever reason
> en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:KDE_meeting does not load for me to check myself.
> Maybe the wording is just unclear but without reading the log it's hard for
> me to know for sure. With the minutes wording it seems as beta2 will be
> skipped and upstream will receive beta1 bug reports that may already be
> fixed in b2. It also sounds as if 4.10 will be packaged in Factory and the
> earlier decision that new releases will be developed in KR410 etc. and
> Factory will link to that is no longer in place.
>
> Is that so?

Dear Markus,

The decision is taken to start bringing KDE 4.10 already into KDF started as
of the Beta 1 version which is already released. This as opposite of the
previous cycle where the newer KDE version was only brought in when it had
reached RC1 state. There was never any decision that newer versions would be
developed in KRXY instead of KDE:Distro:Factory (KDF)

The question outstanding is if the Beta cycles will be pushed already into
Factory or that we will wait with that until the RC1 comes out (which should
be around the middle of December).

Factory will always will link to the package in the KDE:Distro:Factory (KDF)
repository. It never has and never will be linked to packages in KRxy. This
also was not done during the KR49 cycle. The only reason to start with the KDE
4.9 release in a KR49 repository, was that the KDE 4.9 release was after the
package freeze in Factory. Therefore 12.2 was shipped with KDE 4.8 and not
with 4.9.  This time we want to ship KDE 4.10 with 12.3 and therefore this
indication.

The KR410 repository will be created based on the official KDE 4.10 packages and
will not contain any Beta or RC versions.

Regards

Raymond