List:       opensuse
Subject:    [opensuse] Dolphin, smb and vlc
From:       Scott Newton <scottn () ihug ! co ! nz>
Date:       2012-10-12 0:54:19

I have a mythtv box at home which has the videos folder shared via smb. If I
browse to this folder via dolphin using smb://mythtv/videos/ I get a difference
between what happens in Kubuntu 12.04 (KDE 4.9.2) and what happens in openSUSE
(12.2, KDE 4.9.2).

In Kubuntu if I click on a video, vlc opens and the video starts to play.

In openSUSE if I click on a video vlc opens but it doesn't play it - instead
the notification widget in the system tray shows me it's downloading the video.

How do I change this to work the same way that Kubuntu does.

I've checked all the VLC settings I can think of, as well as the video file
associations and there does not appear to be any differences between Kubuntu
and openSUSE.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
Regards