List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Changes to the KDE Repositories
From:       todd rme <toddrme2178 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-10-02 13:01:19

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke@gmail.com> wrote:
> KDE:Release:46          Build for openSUSE 11.4
> KDE:Release:47          Build for openSUSE 12.1 and openSUSE 11.4
> KDE:Release:48          Build for openSUSE 12.2 and openSUSE 12.1
> KDE:Releaes:49          Build for openSUSE 12.2 and openSUSE 12.1
> KDE:Distro:Factory              Build for Factory and openSUSE 12.2
> KDE:Unstable:SC         Build for Factory and openSUSE 12.2

Overall I think the suggestion is good, but I have two potential issues:

1. what is the plan for openSUSE 11.4?  Are we going to drop support
for it at EOL?

2. Do the older repos really need to be enabled, or can they just be
built once and then disabled?  I mean, specifically:

KDE:Release:46 openSUSE 11.4
KDE:Release:47 openSUSE 11.4
KDE:Release:47 openSUSE 12.1
KDE:Release:48 openSUSE 12.1

If they are not being built against the update repo, then these should
never change, right?

-Todd