List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Start Dolphin when USB thumb drive is inserted
From:       Patrick Shanahan <paka () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2012-09-30 0:06:47

* Alvin Beach <alvinbeach@gmail.com> [09-29-12 19:33]:
> Does anyone know how to configure KDE4 to start Dolphin when a USB
> thumb drive is inserted? I have been playing around with
> Settings->Device Actions and Settings->Removable Devices. So far, I
> have managed to automatically mount the thumb drive. What I would
> really like is to automatically launch Dolphin to the USB's mount
> point.
>
> I am using:
> openSUSE 12.1
> KDE 4.9.1 "release 561"

I prefer mc in an xterm instance and added

"Open with MC"   "Storage Volume"

command:
xterm -geometry 150x40 -e mc /media/ /<your-choice-here>

device parameters for action:
  All of the contained properties must match
    Device must be of the type Storage Volume
    Device property ignored must equal false

it opens an xterm instance containing mc in /media (where my CF card is
auto-mounted and a directory where I store new images.

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member