List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: openSUSE KDE team (was Re: [opensuse-kde] Missing package/update in KDF)
From:       Nico Kruber <nico.kruber () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-09-19 12:21:53

On Wednesday 19 Sep 2012 13:01:15 Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 19. September 2012, 12:37:39 schrieb Nico Kruber:
> > This is something we should request from the zypper team though - leaving
> > old build packages in the repo (or some sort of repo snapshots) is just
> > one
> > part of the deal...
>
> The update repo contains multiple builds of the same package version and
> multiple versions of the same package. So this is possible already, yet I do
> not know how.
>
> Alternatively we could add something to the version if the KDE update repo
> is updated, i.e. something like KDE 4.9.1.1 and the next time links are
> updated 4.9.1.2 etc. If 4.9.1.1 does not allow 4.9.1.2 reverting one
> package should drag the rest with them.
>
> Of course a more convenient solution would be better but as long as there is
> no need it will not be created.

I was thinking about a simple button in the web UI allowing me to snapshot a
whole (completely build and published) repo so that all currently published
packages are left even in case of rebuilds. Also something like a one-click-
install installing (up/downgrading) packages to exactly those versions

Nico