List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Could not start process pop3
From:       Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister () gmx ! net>
Date:       2012-09-08 23:07:06

Am Samstag, 8. September 2012, 14:16:07 schrieb Bob S:
> Well Sven,thank you for remining me about which list is proper tp post to
> but you see, I do not have an issue with kmail on KDE3, It runs just fine
> there. The issue is running it on KDE4.9. Ergo this is probably the correct
> list. Maybe you didnlt read or understand my posting for help,

I understand that you are using unmaintained and hence unsupported software
and you are mixing it with KDE4. And you wonder why you get into trouble with
that.

Or to put it differently, running KDE3's kmail in KDE4 is not supported. If it
works, that's fine, if not ask those that provided the unmaintained software
to you -> opensuse-kde3.

> So tell me, when 4.9 says  It cannot start process pop3, what does it mean
> and how do I fix it?

By not using unmaintained software. It's as simple as that.

Sven