List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE4.6.2 (on 11.4) Kmenu names not showing
From:       C <smaug42 () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2012-03-17 5:53:47

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 05:08, dh <mesamoo115@comcast.net> wrote:
>> > 1. Right-click KMenu
>> > 2. Select Edit applications
>> > 3. Pick a menu entry point. =A0I selected Games > Arcade
>> > 4. Click New item
>> > 5. Name item Testing
>> > 6. Fill in the Command field with a known application... for example
>> > kwrite 7. Do not give it the optional description
>> > 8. Save

[snip]

>> Just resurrecting an old thread. =A0This issue has popped into my
>> awareness yet again -and NOT just with the Humble Bundle games, but
>> with ANY application i install that adds a node to the menu which only
>> has a name (no Description).

[snip]

>> I've searched bugs.kde.org, but haven't found the right combination of
>> keywords to turn up anything.. yet.
>
> I believe I have seen the same issue.
> Additionally, if the name and description are exactly the same, then you
> once again end up with icon, but no text.
>
> mini rant
> Using description rather than program name by default seems ...
> Having 8 icons all named Web Browser doesn't make sense.
> end minirant

Hmmm I'll have to poke the KDE bugs again... I never seem to turn up
what I want when I poke bugzilla based bug trackers.

Since it's on at least one other install (an d thus not a case of me
breaking something)... I'll create a new bug report on bugs.kde.org if
I can't find an old one laying around.

C.