List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Where can I find KDE panel config files in KDE 4.7.2
From:       Thomas Taylor <linxt () comcast ! net>
Date:       2012-03-16 0:22:09

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:21:38 +0100
Alexander Beck-Ratzka <alexander.beck-ratzka@aei.mpg.de> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> as it turned out in a thread around Feb 20th this year, it is not possible to
> add any widgets to the KDE panel in a KDE version 4.7.x. I hvae created a bug
> report on that, but nothing has happened.
>
> Unfortunately I have removed by mistake my "Kickoff Application Launcher"
> from my panel, and what should I say: I cannot add it to my panel again via
> "add widget". By trying this I have found out that it is impossible to add
> any widget to the panel via add widgets; it's simpöly impossible. So the bug
> is even worse then I have reported. Until yesterday I though it is only not
> possible to add menus to the panel, you cannot add anything to the panel, the
> panel can only be modified by removing something, but not by adding something.
>
> However, I have found a workaround. I have added a new panel to my display,
> and this panel contains the application launcher. But frankly said, I only
> want to have ONE panel, not two!
>
> Okay, that's as it is. I would be able to get rid of my problems, if I would
> know where the panel config files are located, the config file of the default
> panel, and the config file of my changed panel. I am quite sure to add some
> changes here, so that the panel appears as I want to have it. Of course only
> if such config files are existent.
>
> Can anyone help me?
>
> Best wishes
>
> Alexander

Please don't hijack an existing thread.  If the subject is new, please start a
new thread.

Tom

--
Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years.  People grow old only by
deserting their ideals. - Douglas MacArthur

****
Tom Taylor - retired penguin
openSUSE 11.4 x86_64    openSUSE 12.1 x86_64     openSUSE 12.2-M# x86_64
KDE 4.6.00, FF 4.0      KDE 4.7.2, FF 8.0        KDE 4.7.9, FF 10.0
claws-mail 3.8.0
registered linux user 263467
linxt-At-comcast-DoT-net