List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [opensuse-kde] Re: Re: Multiple obs packages with the same source
From:       Yamaban <foerster () lisas ! de>
Date:       2011-09-21 9:52:58

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 11:28, todd rme <toddrme2178@...> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 1:11 PM, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@suse.cz> wrote:

>>> Another one is to save BuildPower. Most of the noarch packages are build
>>> only for the i586 part and NOT on the x86_64 part.
>>
>>  The original reason for building noarch subpackages separately was that older
>> rpm could not build a noarch subpackage from a normal package. At least some
>> of these could be possibly merged back, with the time needed to set up the
>> additional build outweighting the duplicated build of that part and the disk
>> space.
>
> Two immediately come to mind that I am working on right now:
>
> kdegames4/kdegames4-carddecks and kdeartwork4/kdeartwork4-noarch.
> Should I go ahead and merge these?  I am doing substantial changes to
> both anyway so a merge would not be too difficult compared to
> everything else.
>
> -Todd

If kdegames4 and kdeartwork4 are just empty shell packages, please do so.

Your cleanup is appreciated.

In terms of backward-compatibility, I'd say ignore it.
Evergreen and SLE prior 12 aren't likely to get KDE 4.7.x ever.

So: works on 11.3 + 11.4 should be the most interesting "backward"
and both rpm-versions support integrated noarch subpackages AFAIK.

Thanks for your work.
  - Yamaban