List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] kaddressbook question
From:       upscope <upscope () nwi ! net>
Date:       2011-08-03 2:29:26

On Monday, August 01, 2011 09:43:01 PM Bruno Friedmann wrote:
> On 08/01/2011 06:04 PM, upscope wrote:

> >> Hi Klaas
> >>
> >> Exactly as upscope's reply to you.
> >>
> >> Bob S
> >
> > Did this ever get solved. It still occuring on my system.
> > Now at opensuse 11.4 (2.6.37.6-0.5-desktop)
> > KDE Platform Version 4.6.5 (4.6.5) "release 7"
> > Kontact Version 4.4.11
> > Kmail Version 1.13.7
> >
> > KDE update from :
> > http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Release:/46/openSUS
> > E_11.4
> >
> > Not sure if I am doing something wrong. Akonadiconsole shows
> > resources correct correct and syncs them Ok. No errors shown. I
> > use the internal mysql datebase with Akonadi.
> >
> > Will try on opensuse 12.1 MS 3 today I hope.
>
> Don't kill you with factory, even if getting it testing more is a plus
> for us.
>
> You can also try the new KR47 repository with the updated pim stack

Bruno thanks for the response. I installed KDE 4.7 and migrated my
folders mail successfully. I created a distribution group under Contacts
> Personal address book. It appears in personal contacts in Kmail
Version 4.7.0 . When I go to new message I no long get the ability to
select distribution lists and see a list of the contents of the group. I
don't want to have to send an email to 70+ contacts to see who it is
going to. Is this something I missing, is it gone?

Also when I start kmail or go between kmail-->Contacts and back to Kmail
my system goes to 90% for quite a period of time and all of kmail is
hung. Is this some kind of indexing or is it possibly spamassin
repeating all its checking. I have disable spamassin but have not
checked if this improves things yet.

I will say Amarok worked out of the box with 4.7, cannot say that isn
the past.

thanks for your suggestion. I send a test group and see if the groups
are actually working.

Update: 7PM PDT
After working trying to get kmail2 working in a reasonable manner, I
back all of KDE 4.7 out. I'm now back to 4.6.5. There appears to be two
problems.

1) when it starts up it freezes everything for about five minutes.
System Load viewer shows both cpu's at 100%, RAm usage at 60% on an 8GB
system and swap usage at 23% of 10Gb. I have never seen swap used on any
other version of openSUSE since 9.0. Even on 4.6.5 It never uses swap or
that much Ram. Cpu yes for a minute or so.

My home folder is using 40 GB out of 196 available.

I'm sure it has to do with the sync everytime you do anything, it
happens on startup, switching from mail to Contacts or Knode. I removed
Tracker but that made no difference. I disable spamassin, etc.

One thing I will say the migration appeared to go smoothly and all my
folders showed up, but it to starting and stopping kmail2 twice to see
all my migrated mail. Only this not migrated was my calendar. But they
were backed up, could not import them in 4.7 or 4.6.5 but 4.6.5 let me
click the backup and select merge with default calendar.  Nothing lost.

I guess I'll wait unlil it is offically in the 11.4 repos then try
again. I can live with the Distibution group issue until then. i'll just
use SeaMonkey like I have been since early June.

I will try KDE 4.7 on my 12.1 Milestone 3 test system in the next day or
so.

Thanks for your help.

--
Russ
openSUSE 11.4(2.6.37.6-0.5-desktop)|KDE Platform Version 4.6.5 )