List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] akonadi startup
From:       Giacomo Comes <comes () naic ! edu>
Date:       2011-05-10 13:43:06

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 07:20:04AM +0200, Martin Schlander wrote:
> Tirsdag den 10. maj 2011 02:23:35 skrev Giacomo Comes:
>
> > does anybody know how to disable akonadi in 11.4?
>
> If you don't want Akonadi to start, which probably 2/3 users never have any
> use for (non-kdepim users), here's what you have to do in KDE SC 4.6:
>
> 1) Do not use Kopete, Konversation, KMail/KAdressbook
>
> 2) Disable the following KRunners: Contacts, Calendar Events, Kopete Contacts
> (press alt+f2 -> click on "wrench" to uncheck the runners)

The only KRunners enabled by default is Calendar Events, so disabling it
is enough to not start Akonadi. Also enabling Kopete Contacts does not
start Akonadi. The two that must be disabled are Contacts and Calendar Events.

> 3) Remove the digital clock from the panel. And don't add any other plasma
> clocks either (analog, fuzzy etc.). The calendar pop-up of the plasma clocks
> will start Akonadi. It is rumoured you can disable the Akonadi integration for
> the clocks via a hidden option in plasma-desktop-appletsrc, but I was
> personally not able to make that work. I believe KDE 4.7 should have a gui
> option for it.

I kept the digital clock and continued to use the calendar pop-up.
Akonadi did not start. So I guess it's safe not to remove the digital
clock from the panel.

> If do/don't do the above, Akonadi, (empty) mysql etc. shouldn't start.

To resume:
just create the file /etc/kde4/share/config/krunnerrc containing:

[Plugins]
org.kde.events_runnerEnabled=false
kabccontactsEnabled=false

and you have disabled akonadi's automatic startup system wide.

Thanks Martin.
Giacomo