List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [opensuse-kde] Re: Re: kalarm for kdepim46 crashes
From:       Stefan Vater <st.vater () web ! de>
Date:       2011-02-14 9:50:38

Raymond Wooninck wrote:

> On Saturday 12 February 2011 23:44:04 David Jarvie wrote:
>> > Sorry, I didn't read your original post properly. I see that it does
>> > state that you're using kdepim 4.6, so it looks like it probably IS
>> > building kalarm to use Akonadi. Which is a very wrong thing to do
> Hi David,
>
> The standard for the upcoming openSUSE 11.4 is to take the non-akonadi
> based KDEPIM (which I believe is 4.4.10). However in order to facilitate
> testing of the newer KDEPIM 4.6 version for those that are willing to take
> the risk, we provide a separate KDEPIM46 repo which is build against 4.6
> itself.
>
> I guess that Stefan took the risk and enabled the KDEPIM46 repo, which is
> on a weekly basis updated from KDEPIM and KDEPIM-runtime git (master
> branch). It is an updated Akonadi-runtime and builds against KDEPIMLIBS
> 4.6.0.
>
>> And I now see that the build file for 4.6 actually does erroneously build
>> the Akonadi version by default, which is not what I thought it did. This
>> is now fixed in the KDE repository, but it will take time to reach the
>> openSUSE packages.
>
> As indicated the standard KDE 4.6.0 packages do not include the KDEPIM 4.6
> pack, so I will update now the special repository so that the users there
> would have this update.
>
> Regards
> Raymond
> openSUSE KDE Community team member.

So, it seems that I have an Akonadi-based version. kalarm --version gave me

Qt: 4.7.1
KDE: 4.6.00 (4.6.0)
KAlarm: 2.6.2

I did not really get what Raymond said. Will you keep the akonadi-version of
kalarm in this repo? Then it would be nice to have at least an updated
version of qt, as well. Otherwise it seems to be of no use, actually. Or
will you include the "old" version of kalarm in the future?

I just updated to a new version, which was provided in the repo. It is
version 4.6.40.git.1297553888-3.1 built on 13 Feb 2011 14:51:58 CET.
Unfortunatelly, there is no change in the behaviour of kalarm :-( Bug
rerport?

Anyway, thanks for all your replies!

Regards,
Stefan