List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [opensuse-kde] A possible bug in KDE4 caused by cifs mounts dying when the server
From:       Dave Plater <davejplater () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-02-05 22:33:20

I experience a +/- 30sec lockup of the "Kickoff Applications Menu" when
a windows vista system that I get the share from has shut down. After I
unmount the share all is well again. It's a bug but I'm not quite sure
what it's a bug against. I tried to fool it last night (early hours
morning) and switched to a tty (ctrl/alt/F2) root console, issued a
umount command and ended up having to hard reset my system. I don't have
anything open in the share directory. It's mounted in a way that my user
owns the files ie. credentials=xxx,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=100 with the name
of the credentials file xed out, me being 1000.
Anybody know what's happening?
Thanks in advance.
Dave P