List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Move windows by dragging contents
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-01-21 12:15:44

On Thursday, January 20, 2011 18:47:45 Stephan Kleine wrote:
> On Thursday January 20 2011 14:36:49 Will Stephenson wrote:
> > On Thursday 20 January 2011 11:23:46 Alvin Beach wrote:
> > > I am using KDE 4.5.5 and I was wonder how I can disable moving a window
> > > by dragging inside the window. This seems to only happen with KDE
> > > windows (e.g. not Firefox). I have searched for the setting(s) to turn
> > > this off, but I cannot seem to find them.
> >
> > Run "oxygen-settings", the setting is on the first tab.  I think this
> > should be disabled by default, anyone else?
>
> No way, that's the best thing since quite some while. Leave it on!

Agree. Especially with Oxygen windecos (which don't make a difference between
window / border), it makes a lot of sense, since there's no indication where
the window ends and the deco begins (a distinction that's very artificial in
the first place).

I appreciate the feature when using the mouse, even more so with the touchpad
(alt + touchpad button + drag is even harder), and it's a total lifesaver on a
touchscreen (tried it, was surprises how much of a difference it made).

If we find concrete usability problems with it, I'd suggest talking to Hugo,
he's been very avid in fixing all kinds of corner-cases.

Cheer,
--
sebas