List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [opensuse-kde] nvidia 260 and KDE 4.5.3
From:       Alvin Beach <alvinbeach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-11-24 12:41:05

Hello all,

Has anyone been able to get the latest nvidia driver
(260.19.21_k2.6.34.0_12-19.1) to work with KDE 4.5.3 from KDE:Release:45? I
have another machine that is running KDE 4.4 and the new nvidia driver works
fine.

This nvidia driver version has never worked for me. When I log in, plasma (or
plasma-desktop) crashes and I am left with a black screen and a mouse cursor.
I have been using ALT+F2 and running yast2 to revert to the older driver
(256.53).

I believe this is a known issue for some time now. I just wanted to know if
anyone was able to find a work around or know who/when this will be fixed?
Thanks.

openSUSE 11.3
Kernel 2.6.34.7-0.5-desktop
KDE 4.5.3 (KDE 4.5.3) "release 10"