List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Re: [opensuse] Upgrading KDE4.1
From:       Martin Schlander <martin.schlander () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-24 13:36:27

Fredag den 24. september 2010 13:10:19 skrev phanisvara das:
> On Friday, September 24, 2010 15:14:38 Martin Schlander wrote:
> > And I wouldn't recommend using a repo of unsupported, barely tested KDE
> > 4.5  packages for someone who craves stability and predictability.
>
> i find KDE 4.5 more predictable & stable than 4.4 used to be. judging from
> other reports in this list, i'm not the only one.

Then why is everyone having problems on this list and on IRC using 4.5
packages? ;-)

... including Freek who just posted about an hour ago that his KDE 4.5 doesn't
even start after an update.

Sure 4.5 has many improvements over 4.4, but it also has regressions, and
using 4.5 additionally introduces a number of substantial risks of packaging
issues and user errors wrt. updating and repo configuration.