On Friday, September 24, 2010 17:31:05 Freek de Kruijf wrote: > This morning Fri, Sept. 24, 2010 I did a "zypper up" using openSUSE 11.3 > and having KDE:Distro:Factory as the main KDE repository. > > After that a problem that emerged also in February 2010, did occur again: > kdm does not start with the following message in /var/log/messages: > Received unknown or unexpected command -2 from greeter > Abnormal termination of greeter for display :0, code 127, signal 0 > > In February the solution was to wait for a further update of the > repository. So that is what I will do. > > In the mean time do not update your KDE software if you have KDF as your > main KDE repository. if you want to use KDE 4.5, you should switch to one of these repos, depending on your oS version: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Release:/45/ the KDE factory repo is being switched to qt 4.7, and then will go on to become KDE 4.6. -- phani. -- To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-kde+unsubscribe@opensuse.org For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-kde+help@opensuse.org