List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [opensuse-kde] kde-obs-generator: how to install files conditionally on the KDE version
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2010-08-01 21:55:15

I'm using the KDE OpenSUSE build service to build my KDE application. There are some \
files which need to be installed for systems which provide KDE 4.2, but not for KDE \
4.3 or later. I've tried a couple of methods in the .spec file to specify this, but \
the build failed each time. How can I specify this condition?

One example of what I've tried is:

%install
  %kde4_makeinstall -C build
  for lang in kalarm; do
    %find_lang $lang %{name}.lang
  done
  if test %{kde4_minor_version} -le 2 ; then
    echo %dir %{_kde4_appsdir}/kalarm/holidays >>%{name}.lang
    echo %{_kde4_appsdir}/kalarm/holidays/holiday_* >>%{name}.lang
  fi

This just produces some syntax error which unfortunately doesn't give enough of a \
hint as to why it's going wrong:

/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.lTgUWL: line 28: syntax error near unexpected token `('
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.lTgUWL (%install)

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.