List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE Desktop Files
From:       todd rme <toddrme2178 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-20 15:46:15

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 7:16 AM, Martin Schlander
<martin.schlander@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lørdag den 20. februar 2010 10:13:43 skrev Vadym Krevs:
>>
>> I ran into similar issues with earlier KDE 4.x releases. As I recall,
>> all you need to do to get back a "default" desktop is to drop to
>> runlevel 3,  delete all ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma* files, and then
>> switch back to runlevel 5. Of course, the right thing is to rename the
>> files, not delete them :-)
>
> Don't have to go to runlevel 3.
>
> Just (re)move ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma* - but do it while plasma (the kde4
> desktop shell) is not running.

To expand on that, to quite plasma do

kquitapp plasma-deskto

In addition to the above command, the following command will delete
all downloaded plasmoids, plasmoid-specific settings,
plasmoid-specific content like comic engines, and probably downloaded
plasma themes as well (and perhaps some other stuff too).  If you want
to truly clean plasma, and are okay with basically starting over from
scratch, you can (completely at your own risk) also do:

rm -rf .kde4/share/apps/plasma*
rm .kde4/share/kde4/services/plasma-*