List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [opensuse-kde] please remove plasma-addons scim dependency
From:       todd rme <toddrme2178 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-12-07 20:02:06

Could someone please remove the scim dependency of plasma-addons in
factory?  I can understand making plasma-addons-scim available if
someone wants it, but I think requiring it, and by extension scim, is
an extremely bad idea.  Considering scim automatically turns itself on
upon installation, cannot be turned off in any sane manner, has the
annoying bar that covers other windows by default, can extremely
easily trigger language changes accidentally without warning and
without any obvious way to change it back, and has the terrible habit
of randomly blocking keyboard keys for no apparent reason, I don't
think making it a mandatory dependency of a common and practically
necessary kde package like plasma-addons is at all a good choice.
Thanks.