List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Call for Testing: Skrooge Package
From:       Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69 () yahoo ! es>
Date:       2009-10-25 11:55:59

2009/10/24 Sascha 'saigkill' Manns <samannsml@directbox.com>:
> Hello Mates,
>
> i've created an new Package from Skrooge. But i need an external Tester.
> And it would be great if anyone can test the following:
> Repo: KDE:KDE4:Community
>
> 1.) If you select skrooge have you an automatic Selection for the
> skrooge-lib and skrooge-lang Subpackage?
> 2.) Start skrooge
> 3.) After skrooge launch, can you see the Component Chooser on the left
> Side? Is that an empty or filled Box?
> 4.) If you see an empty Box, please close skrooge and type
> "kbuildsyscoca4" in the Console and make an restart.
> See you now an filled Component Chooser?

It works as expected, without any need to run kbuildsyscoca4, on
openSUSE 11.1 + KDE:43.
Still,
- Requires:   %{name}-libs?
I don't think it should be there. rpmlint probably would complain if
"explicit-lib-dependency" wasn't filtered (there are 8 filters, is all
that neccesarry?). There is any other package using skrooge libs? If
there isn't I don't think they should be splitted from the main
package.

- Requires:   %{name}-lang?
Someone is going to have to explain this one to me.
The "%lang_package" in my 11.1 system has "Supplements:
packageand(bundle-lang-other:%{-n:%{-n*}}%{!-n:%{name}})". So, if use
an "uncommon" language I will have a weak dependency that will make
the -lang package to be automatically installed, but if I use spanish
or french the -lang packages will not be installed automatically.
WHY???!!!??? The funny thing is that is more probably that the -lang
package includes a translation to spanish or french than to an
"uncommon" language.
So... are we supposed to add this "Requires:   %{name}-lang"?

- "Obsoletes:  %{name} < %{version}-%{release}" and ""Provides:
%{name} = %{version}-%{release}"
Isn't this obvious/implicit?
Notice rpmlint complains with:
"skrooge.x86_64: W: obsolete-on-name
skrooge-devel.x86_64: W: obsolete-on-name
skrooge-libs.x86_64: W: obsolete-on-name
A package should not obsolete itself, as it can cause weird errors in tools."

- %debug_package
Why is skrooge special here? This probably should be set through the
Build Service.

- Requires:   libofx
Once again this is a "explicit-lib-dependency".

- The -devel package "Requires:   %{name} = %{version}-%{release}"
Probably should require %{name}-libs. Still the -devel package only
includes the .so symlinks, without any header. From only looking at
your spec file I don't think other apps are supposed to link against
skrooge libraries, so there should not be any -devel package.

- export CFLAGS="%{optflags}"
This is already set by the %cmake_kde4 macro

- desktop-file-validate
It's my understanding that this is already done by a
post-build/rpmlint/whatever check