List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] where is kate in KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop?
From:       Will Stephenson <wstephenson () suse ! de>
Date:       2009-10-23 20:45:57

On Friday 23 October 2009 17:59:31 Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> I guess, I should have expressed my issue more precisely, where I missed
>  the kate src rpm in the OBS project KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop as found
>  here:
>
> http://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?project=KDE%3AKDE4%3AFactory%3ADe
> sktop
>
> but meanwhile, I located it here: kdesdk4-4.3.1-81.4.src.rpm.
>
> Sorry for being a noop.

If anyone's wondering how he did it:

# which kate
/usr/bin/kate
# rpm -qf /usr/bin/kate
kate-4.3.1-81.3
# rpm -qi kate

gorse:/etc # rpm -qi kate
Name        : kate                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 4.3.1                             Vendor: openSUSE
Release     : 2.10                          Build Date: Tue 13 Oct 2009
08:48:47 CEST
Install Date: Fri 23 Oct 2009 22:44:14 CEST      Build Host: build19

And here's the useful bit:

Group       : Productivity/Editors/Other    Source RPM:
kdesdk4-4.3.1-2.10.src.rpm

You can now "osc search kdesdk4".  The Distribution: field at the bottom of
rpm -qi tells you where in the build service a particular binary rpm came
from.

HTH

Will