List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [Solved] Re: [opensuse-kde] amarok on 11.2rc1
From:       CP Hennessy <cp.hennessy () openapp ! ie>
Date:       2009-10-18 14:11:48

On Sun 18 Oct 2009 12:30:31 Sven Burmeister wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2009 13:15:24 schrieb CP Hennessy:
> >  I've just updated to 11.2 rc1 and everything went very well except for 2
> > things :
> > - amarok does not play my mp3; and
> > - when I added the KDE 4.3 repository to yast and gave it a priority of
> > 96 the 4.3.2 updates were not found using "Package" -> "All packages" ->
> > "Update if newer version available"
>
> 11.2 does not ship 4.3.2, so everything works as expected. 11.1 did not
>  ship 4.3.2 either, so if you want to use it on any of those, you will have
>  to add repos which contain 4.3.2.
>
> > It's not clear if the amarok problem is due to some update missing
> > because of the yast2 issue, but what I see is that when the play button
> > is pressed amarok tries to play the first song, then goes to the second,
> > third etc. I do not see any error (or information) messages to tell me
> > what the problem is.
>
> For mp3s you need a libxine1 or gstreamer module that can decode these.
>  Have a look at http://en.opensuse.org/Restricted_Formats to get more info.

Hi,

  KDE 4.3.2 worked on 11.1.

As per http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/4083
 "And additionally, of course, it is possible to install 4.3.2 from the KDE:43
repository, where new stable KDE releases are packaged as long as
KDE:KDE4:Factory:Desktop is frozen for openSUSE 11.2."

OK, I had pacmans rpm's installed previously which were obviously
overwritten(doh!)  upgraded to the 11.2 rpms. I've reinstalled pacmans rpms
(from his Factory repository) and all is good again.

I did have some flac files which would play for me, which with the hints
given, pointed out that it must be MP3 playback.

Thanks,
CPH