List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE 4.3.x in its own repo
From:       Alvin Beach <alvinbeach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-14 16:55:36

On September 14, 2009 11:04:43 am Martin Schlander wrote:
> Mandag den 14. september 2009 15:25:03 skrev Alvin Beach:
> > Does anyone know when/if a KDE_43 repository will be made for KDE 4.3.x?
>
> At least 4.3.1 will appear in STABLE after November 12.
>
> Between now and November 12 there shouldn't be many surprises in Factory
> with feature freeze and such.
>
> Whether an additional special 4.3.x repo with 4.3.2 and beyond will be
> created is not yet final I guess, but around the time of 4.3.2 release, I
> guess is the latest to make a final decision.
>
> Personally I hope such a repo can be avoided :-)

Thanks for info. Then it should be safe for me to switch back over to Factory
so I get get some 4.3 goodness.

Just as an aside, I like the idea of a KDE_43 repo only because you know that
it will only ever stay within the 4.3.x branch. But I can also see that having
even more repos would make things that much more confusing. For now, I will
stick to where the wiki[1] says the KDE versions are located.

Many thanks,

Alvin

[1] http://en.opensuse.org/KDE/Repositories