List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [opensuse-kde] Re: [opensuse-announce] openSUSE KDE Team Meeting - Thursday 6th
From:       Elmar Stellnberger <estellnb () yahoo ! de>
Date:       2009-08-23 9:16:12

Lubos Lunak schrieb:
> The next openSUSE KDE Team meeting will be held tomorrow,
> Thursday 6th August, at 16:00 UTC.
>
> The current list of scheduled topics is:
>
> * dropping remaining poorly maintained KDE3 apps from Factory
> (http://en.opensuse.org/KDE/Community/kde3_eval and KDE:KDE3)

  Sorry for not responding in time.
As some other participants have evinced their interest in a continued
and comprehensive provision of KDE3 apps
(https://features.opensuse.org/306733)
I wanna ask whether it is still possible to keep all these KDE3 apps in
any kind repo. I mainly think about it as a backup. If someone does not
like a KDE4 app, thinks it is buggy or missing some kind of
functionality, he should be able to quickly download and install the
respective KDE3 app for comparison. Besides this it is convenient to
have both - the KDE3 and KDE4 installed in order to manually transfer
user settings from the old app to the new app.
  Would you mind keeping all of them in factory? .- or should elder and
unmaintained KDE apps solely be provided by some other default source
like the not yet existent http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/
KDE:/KDE3/openSUSE_11.2 ?