List:       suse-kde
Subject:    Re: [opensuse-kde] Kickoff menu executes systemsettings with parameters
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2009-08-19 12:31:48

On Monday 17 of August 2009, Johannes Obermayr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as a German openSuSE user and upstream KDE translator I recognized, that
> the execution of "Systemeinstellungen" (="System Settings") from Kickoff
> menu causes that the "Systemeinstellungen" window ist called "Personal
> Settings". I searched in upstream source code for the string "Personal
> Settings" and could not find it. So I opened "Menü-Editor" (="Menu Editor")
> and looked for the executed command: "systemsettings -caption "%c" %i"

 The command comes from upstream.

> If I execute it from "konsole" without any parameters the opened window
> will be called "Systemeinstellungen" and there will be no missing
> features... (also if I change the executed command in "Menü-Editor")
>
> The next thing: If I call it from Kickoff menu and change the view from
> "Symbolansicht" (="Icon View") to "Klassische Baumansicht" (="Tree View")
> the window will change the name from "Personal Settings" to
> "Systemeinstellungen" -> Now it takes the string from upstream?

 That should be considered a bug.

> The last thing: We (the German KDE translation team) translate "Tree View"
> with "Baumansicht" and not "Klassische Baumansicht"... (see
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/stable/l10n-kde4/de/messages/kdebase/systems
>ettings.po?revision=986142&view=markup)
>
> The installed packages are from
> "http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/open
>SUSE_Factory/".
>
> Are there any reasons for this different strings/translations and execution
> with parameters?

 In openSUSE systemsetting is clearly not "System Settings", that is Yast.
That why it has been renamed. The rest should be just bugs (the only one that
is ours should be not renaming systemsettings itself).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer