List:       suse-kde
Subject:    [opensuse-kde] pulseaudio and phonon
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () suse ! de>
Date:       2009-08-18 11:49:24

Hi,

For Milestone6 I tried to do what was discussed: namely switching to xine
backend and away from pulseaudio. So this is the diff in the package list
for the kde livecd (no change for GNOME):

-alsa-plugins-pulse
+esound-daemon
-gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good
-gstreamer-0_10-schroedinger
-gstreamer-0_10-utils
-gstreamer-utils
-libcaca
-libjack0
-liblirc_client0
-libproxy0
-libproxy0-config-gnome
-libproxy0-config-kde
-libproxy0-networkmanager
-libproxy0-pacrunner-mozjs
-libproxy0-wpad-dns
-libpulse-browse0
-libpulse-mainloop-glib0
-libschroedinger-1_0-0
-libsoup-2_4-1
-libwavpack1
-lirc
-lirc-remotes
-phonon-backend-gstreamer-0_10
+phonon-backend-xine
-pulseaudio
-pulseaudio-esound-compat
-pulseaudio-module-bluetooth
-pulseaudio-module-jack
-pulseaudio-module-lirc
-pulseaudio-module-x11
-pulseaudio-module-zeroconf
-pulseaudio-utils

If you select KDE on the DVD, the same should be selected, but if you add
GNOME to it, KDE will get alsa-plugins-pulse too. And some applications still
use gstreamer (foremost OOo), so I would like everyone to double check if
everything still works (or at least works as before :)

Greetings, Stephan